Thursday, February 21, 2008

My first few days.



Well here I am...In the land down under. My life has gone through a complete 360 in the past week. From being in a place far too familiar with loved ones near to the other side of the world lacking all bits of familiarity. None the less it has been a glorious experience thus far.
My 14.5 hour plane ride was nothing, to my surprise it was easy--I was entertained by an endless amount of games and movies, and luckily I was a sleepy girl--both mentally and physically.
So.....my arrival was extremely welcoming! These Aussies are nice! The apartment complex is brand new and super modern, equipped with a pool, bbq area, basketball and volleyball courts! I was the first of five to arrive in my apartment--lonely but nice to have peace and quiet while I settled in. I ventured to the closest supermarket and learned how different things are in Australia, the food selection bummed me out--but I hear the selection is better at different markets.
A friend from home (Sean) came to greet me at about 9 30 pm and talked me into getting ready for a night out...so I did. We went out to a bar close to the University and had a blast. I met a ton of new people from all over the place. When I got home I was greeted by my second roommate--Steph, she is from Melbourne Australia and is a super sweet girl.

My second day in Australia was spent on the beach in Surfers Paradise--impressive, beautiful and so much fun! We had a blast in the water and getting to know each other!
After such a long day I slept hard...and am now getting ready to venture off to the store for some much needed things......

No comments: