Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day 5


So here it is...day 5. Today I finally was able to sleep past 6 am...well at least 20 minutes past. My apartment is complete with our fifth roommate. Last night Nicole from New Jersey joined us and this morning Morgan from Australia completed the circle. So---3 Aussies and 2 Americans! I like them all! We went out for a night on the town last night, and had a blast, the culture is so much different and the night life is wild, these Aussies sure know how to party! All the American exchange students aren't too far behind! After last night I have decided to take it easy. A few people headed out to watch the surf competitions, but I opted to stay behind to lay at the pool and hit up the store so I don't continue to starve. It seems like every day is filled with a new adventure and I haven't taken a moment to relax...so that is what today is for!
Monday is the beginning of what Australians call "O week" (orientation). It is a week packed full with events and parties and more parties! Tuesday is the first orientation for us exchange students and then on Wednesday a group of Exchange students including myself are heading out to a place called Byron Bay for surfing, sea kayaking, and loads of fun! I can't wait---Finally I will get to see a kangaroo!! Life is good!

3 comments:

HOLLA said...

I am glad to finally see some picture. will do skyp tonight?? You will have to let me know whose who. I miss you sissy. Oh and mom LOVES YOU. NOT AS MUCH AS ME.

Unknown said...

stacey
you look soo happy. i am jealous of all that great stuff. glad to hear you are having fun and keep up w/ the photos. i can live vicariously through you for now.
vanessa

Unknown said...

You GO GIRL! I'm so happy for you, you seem like you're having the time of your LIFE! Now I have to try skydiving!

Your favorite Cousin :-)
Kellie