Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back from an adventure


Above is a picture of me and the roommates--Alex, Nicole, Morgan, and Steph
Today was exhausting! We just got back from the orientation trip to Byron Bay. It was an amazing adventure. There was a group of 120 people from the Gold Coast campus, and we stayed in two different hostels--I was in the hostel that was only steps away from the beach with live music at nights, it was pretty awesome--although I wouldn't refer to it as being luxury, or even nice. It was called the Backpackers Inn, and the name pretty much speaks for itself!

The first day was spent kayaking in the ocean, where we were greeted by some friendly dolphins! It was a blast, and a pretty good workout! The night was spent out at a place called "Cheeky Monkeys," and it was perhaps even more wild than the name itself. The second morning was spent surfing, a group of 20 to 3 instructors! It was such a fun experience and I can not wait to do more of it, I never would have thought I would like surfing so much. I loved it! After lunch we took a hike up to the light house and walked down to the most easterly point of Australia, the views were breathtaking and could never be justified with any photo! The last night was held at the hostel with some more live music and a BBQ but a new found friend (Layla from Colorado) and myself opted to have sushi for dinner, so we took a walk to the local sushi joint where I ate the best sushi I have ever had! Today, being the final day was spent at a sanctuary where we got to hang out with koala bears and kangaroos! It was so neat to interact with the Kangaroos. The trip was so much fun, but I am so tired from it all!

Tonight is the last night of "O" week so we are all going to the Uni Bar for a "Beach Party!" (Uni is short for University which is very commonly used in Australia--they don't ever call it College, and they rarely say University.)

School starts on Monday!

Love and miss you all!!!

No comments: