Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back to Gold Coast

          (View of Surfers Paradise from above)

I hit the ground running when I returned to the Gold Coast after my amazing trip in Sydney with my mom.  My first priority when I got back was to find a job, so I made it my mission and after applying for a few jobs--Mission accomplished.  I have been working 2 part time jobs, one at a restaurant called Grape Cafe (grapecafe.com.au) and the other is with an agency that provides big venues with staff for banquets, parties....and whatever else they may need.  I love both!  And they are keeping me very busy.  

School started July 28th, so I have been trying to balance everything out.  I am enrolled in four courses this semester, two of which are post graduate classes---so I have my work cut out for me.  The two masters courses are "managing strategically" and "operations management."  The two under grad courses are "conference and convention management" and "entrepreneurship." So far I have found them all interesting, and I am in love with my managing strategically teacher--he makes three hours of class so interesting, which I am very thankful for.  His teaching style is very different...and its a nice change!   
     (Me, Mitch, Emilie, and Jac....on our balcony)
A few days after I returned to the Gold Coast we had a new roomie.  Her name is Emilie and she is from Sweden!  She is 23, and full of intellectual knowledge...it has been great to spend time with her and learn about her culture!  She is great. 

I got a plane ticket home yesterday...so BITTERSWEET!  See you all in November.

Much love!
XX
Stace

2 comments:

Teri said...

Yeah! Are you coming to Idaho or California? You look beautiful as always!

Teri said...

Oh waite, I am an idiot! You are almost done there altogether huh? Wow, time flies. What are your plans next?.xoxo